The Kickstarter Campaign:
As of this writing I have 174 backers on Kickstarter with a total donation amount of $13,602!!! It’s amazing how much support has turned out for this project.
So this support isn’t wasted, I need your help now more than ever. The campaign ends on October 11th and if I don’t meet my fundraising goal I lose everything that I’ve raised so far. All of the donations that have been pledged so far will return to the donors.
Since the campaign is in it’s last leg, I thought I’d highlight some of the coverage I’ve been able to get for Seeking Heartwood over the past month.
- Featured on the online editions of the major Buddhist magazine publications Shambala Sun and Buddhadharma (thanks Sam!).
- Emailed every single person I’ve met on the road over the past 2 years (over 500 emails!).
- Email blasts from organizations such as BuddhaFest, Engaged Buddhists, and Dharma Bum Temple.
- Asked close friends and family for contributions
- Asked many of the teachers I’ve already interviewed and will interview to share the project with their communities
- Posted information about the project on every major online Buddhist forum including Dharma Wheel, Dhamma Wheel, Dharma Overground, Zen Forum International, Buddhism Without Boundaries, and Free Sangha
- Posted on 35 Buddhist Facebook groups
- Interviewed by Ted Meissner for the Secular Buddhist Podcast
- Interviewed by the Long Beach Post (article forthcoming)
- Featured on more blogs than I can count including: Buddhist Art News, Sumeru, the worst horse, Dharma Cowgirl, Ironwolf, Dharma Flower Sangha, Embracing Samsara, Full Contact Enlightenment, Awakening the Bay, and more
- Posted on Reddit
- All blog entries shared on Pinterest
- 550 new followers on Twitter
- Nearly 1,400 video views on Kickstarter and an additional 500 Youtube video plays
- Had an overall campaign reach of 240,000 with Facebook ads and achieved 500 new “Likes”
- Nearly 9000 views on the social photography website 500px
- Roughly 12,000 page views on this website since launching the campaign
- and much more, including all the sharing done by supporters like you.
It’s been an extremely busy month working on Seeking Heartwood. Since I’m doing so much these days, I thought I’d start to doing a recap post at the end of each month and write about anything that fell through the cracks of my blog.
<– Click here to donate and please help spread the word! My fundraising campaign ends on October 11th and all of the money I’ve raised will be returned to the donors if I don’t meet my goal.